We look forward to meeting you on your initial visit to San Diego ENT! Our completely electronic medical record allows us to provide you with the highest quality care and optimal communication with your other health care providers. In addition, we know that every patient is different and has specific needs, and we will strive to provide you with personal, individualized attention. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Please note, parking is easier on the lower level and your parking will be validated for 60 minutes.
What to expect at your visit
ENT doctors, or Otolaryngologists, are trained in the medical and surgical treatment of patients with diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, throat (ENT), head, and neck. ENT is a subspecialty and requires specialized equipment to thoroughly examine and properly diagnose a patient’s complaint.
We understand that patients may be unfamiliar with these ENT techniques and equipment. Listed below is an idea of what to expect in an ENT consultation. However, not all of these methods will be necessary in every consultation and the techniques will vary given the individual needs of the patient and the nature of the complaint. We also want to let you know that these tests and/or procedures are separate from the physician’s office consultation and thus have a separate charge. Insurance companies may consider the nasal endoscopy and laryngoscopy a “diagnostic procedure” and apply them to your deductible and/or co-insurance.
The following list includes tests/procedures that your physician may perform:
- Ear wax removal
- Control of nose bleed
- Nasal endoscopy
- Sinus cleaning after surgery
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Transnasal esophagoscopy
- Minor surgical procedures and biopsies
- Removal of foreign body from ears or nose
Please prepare for your visit by bringing:
- Health Insurance Card/Information
- A list of all medications you are taking
- A list of your questions /concerns
- A copy of your XRAYS / CT scans /MRIs (not just the reports – please get the actual films as well on CD for your doctor to review)
- Copies of previous hearing tests
- Copies of records from doctors related to your sinuses/nose/allergies/lungs on CD if possible.
- Completed patient forms (access patient portal or print out forms here)
San Diego ENT is affiliated with United Medical Doctors in addition to Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas. We also have privileges at ambulatory surgical centers including United Surgery Center and University Ambulatory Surgical Center.